Friday, February 18, 2011

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be...

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to find comfort in your own skin and in being who you are.  We're all weird and flawed and have silly little things about us.  We've all got something we don't like about ourselves, be it mental, physical or ethereal.  These are what make us unique, wonderful human beings.

I sometimes will beat myself up over my flaws.  I know them by heart and they can get really big when I think about them a lot.  When you think a lot about your flaws, they'll just get more powerful and they let other people take power over you.

Even when I feel self-conscious and bad, I try to love myself for everything I am, both the good things about me and the things I need to work on.  When I embrace my flaws and make them part of me, no one can use them to hurt me and I can really love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment